The Winge...

Ok, I know, It's unprofessional. It's not a great use of blog space.... not at all uplifting, or happy go lucky..... Not even in the slightest grown up, or responsible....

But don't you just have days (weeks) or moments when you need a good winge!!!!!????? And not only a great venty-winge that lets off the steam about the person at the bank, or the overpriced takeaway sandwich that wasn't very good, or the bus that never came.... how about someone to say : "Oh, you poor thing! That's Awful!" Someone to make you cups of tea. Someone to your rescue you from the frustrations of life!

Well, at least my man made me a yummy lunch today when i wasn't feeling very good. That was nice.

I'm looking for the magick button that instantly calms me when the world becomes frustrating. Can we create cars that don't break down?? bodies that don't get sick?? Bank institutions that train their staff properly? Telephone companies that credit your account for every minute you spend fixing their mistakes??? Yes, I need a good winge. You hear me??? And then... after the winge... a great cup of tea, a doughnut, and some small time internet shopping (within the budget of course). Then a movie (for pure escapism purposes) and a long bath and good night's sleep.

Ahhh... all better.

So here's what i've been watching:



Here's what I bought:


And here's the man who bought me my tea (and if I'm real nice.. he might wrap his arms around me later and give me a cuddle and tell me the world will be ok):



Life ain't so bad.

7 comments:

  1. I hear you Brianna! I had my bad day on Friday at work right before lunch. And, like you, my man came through for me, too. Only, I got a peanut butter and jelly sandwich instead of a tea. It's hard to be upset when you have a PB&J going on! :)

    I have not thought of Northern Exposure in a long time! I used to love that show. That clip was great, and it made me wonder, Are you turning 30? :)

    I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do send me some music hints from down under! I tend to keep listening to the same things over and over, forgetting that there is more music to explore and discover! I would love to be pointed in a good direction for Australian bands.

    I eat a PB&J just about everyday for lunch. Grape jelly is the best! I have never tried vegemite...I have heard it is an "acquired taste." :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh tulip, this was how i was feeling today and it took a trip to see Mrs P who fed me tea and danish to make me feel better! love you for that thanks darlin'! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok just had to re-write my comment, it cleared it somehow... still getting used to this blog-thing. Oooh dear Im starting to sound old..
    I'll be like when my parents still dont understand what LOL, and LMAO mean in a text.
    Thanks for our chat mrs P!!! it really cheered me up!! Im still tired... but now Im cheery tired... :o) which isn't a very pretty sight.
    Im thinking tonight is a good night for snuggles on the lounge with my gorgeous man, watching a movie, and hot chocolates.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heck yes!! Hot chocolate is what Me and my man had today cos it's raining and crap outside. Bek, I tried to follow your blog but wordpress is being a snob and won't let me!! GRRRR!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I received the music in the mail today!! You really outdid yourself on this! I had a hard time trying to figure out which CD to play first, but I finally decided that I would go for Angus & Julia Stone. Wow! Why the heck have I not heard this before?!?! Love it! I am working my way through this CD right now (listening to Just a Boy right this second).

    Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    I can't wait to make my way through all of the CDs. This DEFINITELY brightened my day today!

    You're the BESTEST!

    :)
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay...I have found a new favorite group!!!!

    Angus and Julia are AMAZING!!

    Just heard Hold On...wow!

    ReplyDelete