Here Little Foxie....

Wowza... the sun is out and shining like crazy... since the last week or so it's ON and I LOVE it! We even had snowflakes last night!!!! It's been freezing! Like the middle of winter, but I like it.... oh no,, here I am talking about the weather again. My life is really interesting is it not? But I love it here in the mountains when the days are sunny and the frost is frosty. Last night we had all the candles on at home and the fairy lights on in the kitchen. It was warm and toasty and I made a kick ass sticky date pudding with caramel butterscotch sauce  with strawberries and ice cream too..... HEAVEN.

My favourite thing to do when I finally put down my work day....usually late, is eat a yummy dinner and watch something to get my mind off EVERYTHING. My man and I can't get TV channels so we usually just watch movies, re-runs of SPACED, Northern Exposure... we just got into DEXTER... slow I know, but we are addicted.. and for a serial killer, they guy sure does have charm. But any hoo... the  most interesting thing we watched lately was GRIZZLY MAN, the film about Timothy Tredwell who spent 13 Summers in Alaska living in the wild with a bunch of bears. This guy was a little mad, as a fiend of ours put it "He is a combination of Carson from Queer Eye and Steeve Irwin." Yes. Put that guy out in the wild to pretend to be a bear and that's what you've got. Sadly, the poor dude gets eaten by a bear... as does his quiet girlfriend... but in my head A+B=C..... what do you expect?

There is one scene in the film that I LOVED where Timothy is running through the long grass with a gorgeous fox. My pure rage at how irritating this guy is just vanished, as I only wish I could hang out with a bunch of smelly wild foxes and make friends... as I am big into foxes. This is not the scene, but here's a snippet from the film:


Carson? is that you? Get a chance to watch the film and you won't be disappointed! I was inspired to finally get my ass into gear and make a fox ring and bangle from porcelain... I'll show you soon.  It's the closest I'm going to get to having a real cuddle with a fox... that and in my dreams.

Here's to evening movies in the warm candle lit cozy lounge while it's -0.4C outside! Yes indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment